Nsw community services criticised over toddler’s death
The parents of a toddler found dead in a Sydney park said the incident could never be justified.
Two-year-old Max, who died of a suspected drug overdose in Sydney’s Hyde Park in February 2014, was taken to hos더킹카지노pital for a pre-natal checkup but never made it to hospital.
A court heard his family felt he had not received the care he was due from the carers who were expected to care for him every day for two weeks.
Speaking with Today: Four Corners, Mr and Mrs Martin told the programme the situation raised a number of que우리카지노stions – “what is the care we should be receiving now, and what are the alternatives?”, they said.
In the couple’s view, Max’s carer, who was given the job only three days after Max’s death, did not recognise him as Max’s father and left him alone for most of the day.
Max was in a green tent with his father when a man 우리카지노walked past and approached him.
“Max jumped straight into this man’s arms,” his parents said.
“The father then walked past and into the tent with Max.”
The parents’ comments have caused fury within the Sydney CBD community, with critics of the carers saying the family’s response was not a reflection of their own values.
media_camera Sydney’s Hyde Park where the body of two-year-old Max Martin was found last February. Picture: YouTube / ABC3 News
The parents said they were concerned about what was happening at the park.
“We want to ensure Max’s death will not go unpunished in any way. All the concerns from the community, whether they are over the death or not, we are just happy that Max’s death is over,” said Mr Martin.
“Max’s death was a tragedy and, on the face of it, the death of a young, fragile, toddler was a tragic one,” he said.
“We are now looking to do something about it, if we can do something about it,” he said.
A petition calling for police to investigate the circumstances of Max’s death has gathered more than 600 signatures since it was launched on Change.org on September 25.
Originally published as Carers should never have let their child die